National level exams:
Post Graduate Degree in Management programs across universities, institutes and colleges offer many choices for specialization. A student can choose a particular area for specialization based on his/her interest and future career prospects.
Common Admission Test (CAT):
Common Admission Test (CAT) is national-level management entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM). Apart from 20 IIMs, CAT scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country.
CAT 2017 Eligibility
Here are the eligibility criteria for CAT:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category).
- Percentage obtained in bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned university/institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university/ institution.
- In absence of any percentage conversion scheme, candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT.
How to Apply for CAT?
CAT 2018 application will start from the second week of September 2018 and the form can be filled at iimcat.ac.in.
CAT Application Fees – Rs. 1700 for General and Rs. 850 for SC, ST, & PWD candidates
Payment Mode-Credit Card, Debit Card, Net-banking
CAT 2018 Notification will release in July. IIT Delhi is expected to conduct the Common Admission Test 2018 in November.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 is graduation with minimum 50% marks and 5% of relaxation for SC/ST category.
- CAT 2018 Registration will begin in August 2018. Application Form will be available at CAT 2018 Official Website.
- A total of 100 questions from Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation will be there in CAT Exam.
- Successfully registered candidates can download their CAT 2018 Admit Card from October onwards.
Once result is declared, candidates can start applying to colleges as per CAT 2018 Cutoff. The final selection of candidates will be made based on the marks in Group Discussion and Personal Interview, conducted by individual colleges.
Highlights of CAT 2018 :
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
|CAT 2018 Conducting Body
|CAT 2018 Exam Date
|CAT Eligibility Criteria
||Graduation with 50%
|Mode of Exam
|Duration of Exam
|Types and Number of Questions
||MCQ and Non-MCQ (100 Questions)
The official notification for CAT 2018 is expected to release July. CAT 2018 Registration will begin in August 2018. The table below elucidates the tentative schedule for CAT 2018 exam:
|Release of CAT 2018 Application Form
|CAT 2018 Registration Last Date
|Release CAT 2018 Admit Card
|CAT 2018 Exam Date
||November 29, 2018
|Announcement of CAT Result 2018
||2nd week of January 2019
Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT):
CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is a national level MBA entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It is a multiple choice objective type test conducted for the admission to around 1,000 AICTE approved B-schools across India.
CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the management aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by AICTE before they apply for CMAT 2018. Some of the important details regarding CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below-
Applicants must have an Indian ci
Graduation with a minimum study of 3-years duration.
A minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in their graduation.
- Minimum age of the applicant should be 21 years.
- There is no upper age limit for CMAT 2018.
CMAT 2018 Exam Dates
CMAT 2018 exam is scheduleds for January 21, 2018. Earlier CMAT exam was conducted twice but from now on it will be conducted only once a year. Given below are the important CMAT 2018 Exam Dates:
|Release of CMAT 2018 Application Form
||October 11, 2017
|Availability of CMAT 2018 Application Form
|CMAT 2018 Admit Card will be available from
|CAT 2018 Exam Date
||January 21, 2018
|Announcement of CMAT 2018 Results